viernes, 23 de febrero de 2007

Dance!

Today, I drove to work listening to that song you sent me, the one that reminds me of tropical islands, coconut trees and people dressed in colorful clothes walking along the beach. Today, just like every single day, I thought about you. But because I was listening to this song I didn't just think about you, I also remembered that friday night at your place, just the two of us, drinking beer and soda, listening to your music and talking about trivial stuff. I remembered the way we sat next to each other, and the way your hands played with my hair. But that song was like traveling back in time because I also remembered exactly how it felt to dance with you, to dance to that rythm I don't know much about and the way I was laughing because I couldn't do it right (me, an expert in Merengue, Salsa and Bachata). I remembered, actually, I felt your body next to mine and your face against my face, fighting to become one, so close to each other there were no empty spaces between us, limbs tied around each other. And I thank God that I was feeling that all while parked at my office.

No hay comentarios.: